Hi, friends! Sorry for the radio silence on this ol’ thing. After a week-long photo shoot in San Francisco, followed by a week-long family vacation, I’ve been a little out of the loop with the Internet. Well, just like the Backstreet Boys, “Ohmigod we’re back again.” Back to regular life. To regular routine. I’m grateful for the two and a half weeks spent off the beaten path/away from my desk, eating sheep’s milk yogurt and coconut water in San Francisco, then working on my tan and my aunt-abilities up north…but I’m also excited about being back in the swing of things. I missed cuddles from Puck, my morning walk to work, and one-on-one time with Brad.
But now for the highlights of our River House weekend up North with the whole Ash crew:
- Boating down the St. Croix with everyone, spotting birds, waving to fellow boaters and playing football on the sandbar.
- Discovering The Scoop, which serves massive amounts of amazing ice cream.
- Drunkenly playing Cards Against Humanity with all of my in-laws was hilarious (and only slightly awkward).
- Spending lots of time playing Marco Polo and other fun games with my nephews.
- Sleeping out in the cabin and drifting off to the sounds of toads, while waking up to the sounds of birds.
- Finishing my book, The Whip inbetween wet-haired, post-pool naps on the porch.
- Drinking Minnesota craft beer at noon.
- Introducing my nephews to Beauty and the Beast, and then after their bedtime, watching Fargo with the adults.
We were lucky to have amazing weather, a basically live-in chef (Brad), and lots of good, calm energy surrounding us. It was a blast and I’m so grateful to have that time together with everyone representing the east coast, west coast and midwest. It was so deeply necessary and refreshing. Summer, you win. Never leave. Please?