Oh jeez. Guys! I’m totally senile. I forgot to tell you all about my fantastic Labor Day weekend trip to NYC (which I am sure you care a lot about…read: sarcasm…) Anyway, I had an amazing trip visiting some of my very favorite people in the rich, historic, frustrating, chaotic, inspiring city; and here are some of the highlights:
- Enjoying wine, takeout and catch-up-convos on Evin’s roof with a view of the Empire State Building and the rest of the NYC skyline as our backdrop.
- Venturing to Brooklyn with Evin and Brad on Saturday morning for Smorgusburg where we feasted on lemon basil ices by People’s Pops, brisket sandwiches by Mighty Quinn’s (Evin, is this the name of the place?), and homemade ice cream sandwiches: Brownies, vanilla ice cream, PEANUT BUTTER, whattttttt. It was crazy.
- Picking up a sassy new necklace at Artists & Fleas (also in Brooklyn) and already wore it once to work this week.
- Walking along the High Line with Evin, Mel and Brad in Chelsea (which I hadn’t even HEARD of!)
- Partying with some of my favoritest favorite people at this bar/club/restaurant called The Park…got to see Jamie, Meredith, Cass, Sully, Emily and others. It was hilarious! And loud. And hilarious. Proceeded to sleep in until NOON on Sunday. UNHEARD OF.
- Running with Mel along the Chelsea Piers.
Playing with puppies! Evin’s dog Basil and Melanie’s puppy Sloane are just too cute for words.
- Stuffing my face at brunch at Jane and also at dinner at The Meatball Shop in the West Village. Both meals were pretty much ridiculous…
I had such a great time wandering around NYC with some of my favorite folks. I always forget what a rich, vibrant city it is…so a big fat thank you to Evin and Melanie for being amazing hostesses. And another thank you to my understanding husband, and my friends Jamie, Meredith, Cass, Sully and Emily who schlepped out to come and say hello. Much love to you all!