My dear, dear friend Ashley told me one time about this odd tradition they had at her summer camp, and for some reason it’s always stuck with me.
Her bunk had a hot pink, glittery, ridiculous cape, and it was called: The Good Attitude Cape. If you were feeling salty or sad or bitter or sassy, you were forced to wear this silly, hot pink, loud cape around the cabin. The thought behind it was that you can’t possibly be in a bad mood when you’re wearing something so ridiculous and goofy. How could you take yourself seriously enough to be sad?
I really think I need a good attitude cape.
So today I am wearing my invisible good attitude cape. I’ve decided that today and this weekend are going to be awesome. I’m sick of feeling funky and stressed out; it’s been a rough few months and I am just plain sick of it. Well, not today! Today I am going to be happy because:
- I’m wearing a new fall sweater and it has ELBOW patches on it. So, yeah. It’s hard to feel cranky when you look like a grandpa.
- I’m listening to the new Mumford & Sons album and also plan on listening to a very special Fall Playlist that Molly made for me!
- The weather is insanely gorgeous. It’s fall at its best. And how can you be in a funk when the sun is out and the trees are colorful and it feels all festive and fall?
- My parents are in town visiting which means lots of hugs and happiness! It also means shopping, trips to the scrapbook store, wine and dinners!
- We’re booking a winter trip to Seattle (to visit Brad’s sister and her family) and then to Hawaii! I could not possibly be more excited :) This is the perfect sort of trip that will make this Minnesota winter bearable.
- Today’s Friday, so let’s ALL have a great weekend and a great attitude! Cool?